Senior Management Team
Executive Chairman, Rivet Group
- Mark Rowsthorn was appointed Managing Director of the newly formed Rivet group of companies in December 2016.
- Mark has over 35 years of experience in the Australian and international transport sector.
- Mark was previously a co-founder and Executive Director of Toll Holdings Limited and, prior to joining Rivet, was Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Asciano Limited and Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the McAleese Group.
Executive Director, Rivet Group
- Daniel is the founding director of SMS Mining Services and was appointed Executive Director of the Rivet Group in 2018.
- Daniel has over four decades of experience working in the civil and mining sectors with extensive experience in mechanical, marine, civil and mining engineering and maintenance.
Daniel brings with him practical grass roots experience having held various repairs and maintenance positions across a number of West Australian mining projects, and across a diverse range of commodities.
Chief Financial Officer, Rivet Group
- Nicholas Anderson was appointed Chief Financial Officer in April 2017. He has a wealth of relevant industry experience having most recently worked at BC Resource Developments (BCRD), an independent resource and business development firm.
- Nick has more than 10 years’ experience in the fields of independent financial/corporate advisory services; capital raising solutions and asset purchases across mining, infrastructure, real estate and renewables.
- Nick’s skills and experience in financial modelling, valuation of proposed transaction opportunities and capital impact of proposed strategic transactions mean that he is well placed to support Rivet Group on a number of key projects and business development opportunities.
Chief Executive Officer, Transport Divisions
- Philip was appointed Chief Operating Officer of Rivet in December 2016, and following the merger with SMS Mining Services, was appointed as CEO of the transport divisions.
- Philip joined Rivet in 2015 as Realignment Project Director and was appointed GM of the Rivet Energy Division in January 2016.
- Philip is a Senior Executive and Director with over 30 years of commercial, operational and senior executive management experience in ports, rail, infrastructure, transport and logistics supply chains in Australia and New Zealand. He had a successful tenure at Toll and later Asciano highlighted by building the Company’s capability in large, complex and challenging business environments.
Chief Executive Officer, SMS Mining Services
- Tony was appointed Chief Executive Officer of SMS Mining Services in 2014.
- Tony has more than 25 years’ experience in the mining sector including previously held positions as CFO, Executive Director and Company Secretary at HSE Mining.
- Tony’s experience in capital raising (private and public), forecasting, strategic planning, compliance and corporate governance are critical in the support of SMS in the company’s next phase of growth.
Chief Operating Officer, SMS Mining Services
- Shaun joined SMS Mining Services as Chief Operating Officer in 2007.
- Shaun brings over 13 years’ of practical experience in open pit mining, engineering, transport and asset management.
- Shaun is responsible for both planning and operational strategy and the successful delivery of client projects. He has a strong hands-on approach with practical experience in both the rental and maintenance and mining services areas, across a diverse range of commodities.